[dwc-material-sample] [EXT] Re: TDWG presentation authorship

Jutta Buschbom jutta.buschbom at statistical-genetics.de
Fri Jul 1 06:00:14 UTC 2022

Hi all,

+10 to what Christian wrote.

Part of the discussion surrounding the development of the late-stage
symposium was the aspect of interlinkages and interdependencies among
the simultaneously working task groups. This is and continues to be
certainly true for MatSample and LtC - in both directions. Several
properties of the core LtC class ObjectGroup were delimited and are
defined following the discussion here in the MatSample group, as well as
the AC group.

Also, for me there are close ties to the DES development, and thus the
openDS data model development. I am a bit amazed that nobody intervened
about the kind of siloed presentation of GBIF's data model and hasn't
immediately set it into the wider data model landscape and current
efforts of mapping and thus building bridges and integrating standards.

Maybe such interlinkages with fellow travelers can be highlighted in the
presentation, showing how productive they are and important for moving
forward.

Today we can give ourselves a clear goal: reliable extensible data for
post-2020 GBF monitoring in three years. It's up to us to rise to such
an ambitious challenge.

Best wishes,

Jutta

jutta.buschbom at statistical-genetics.de