[dwc-material-sample] TDWG Material Sample Task Group - To Do

Teresa Mayfield jegelewicz66 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 15 23:23:18 UTC 2021

Thank you to everyone for the deep dive into BasisOf Record and its
implications for material sample.

I believe we have determined that BasisOfRecord is an overloaded term that
we are expecting to convey information about types of evidence,
identification practices, suitability for use, and possibly more.

Our homework for the next month is to provide use cases that describe the
potential "buckets" of information needed to unburden BasisOfRecord so that
at our next set of meetings we can discuss what might meet the needs
currently overloading BasisOfRecord. (Anyone correct me or add to this
description if it seems poor!).

Please post your use cases in the Github Wiki
<https://github.com/tdwg/material-sample/wiki/Uses-Cases> and also feel
free to continue discussions in the Github Issues
<https://github.com/tdwg/material-sample/issues>.

Both meetings this month were recorded. You can find a link to the Google
Drive where they are stored in the Github Readme
<https://github.com/tdwg/material-sample/blob/main/README.md> as Documents
and meeting recordings.

Thank you again for lending your time to this effort!

Teresa J. Mayfield-Meyer
It's not dead if it has data!

Support the Museum of Southwestern Biology
<https://www.unmfund.org/fund/museum-of-southwestern-biology-directors-fund/>