[dwc-material-sample] Back to basics - let's define MaterialSample

Teresa Mayfield jegelewicz66 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 14 15:23:24 UTC 2021

MaterialSample Task Group,

Thank you all for the productive set of meetings yesterday!

I have posted a prompt in the MaterialSample definition issue
<https://github.com/tdwg/material-sample/issues/2#issuecomment-943456094> -
let us discuss the definition of that term there.

I also have added some issues and organized them in a project
<https://github.com/tdwg/material-sample/projects/1> so that we can see
where we are right now with regard to terms that we might place in a
"Material" class. Once we have defined our "Material" class (whether
MaterialSample is it or not) then I think we can start looking at the other
terms in this project and think about their definitions and placement
within the Darwin Core classes.

So, our homework before we meet in November - let's see if we can agree on
a MaterialSample or "Material" class definition.

See you on Github,

Teresa J. Mayfield-Meyer
*Arctos <https://arctosdb.org/> Community Coordinator*
*ORCiD - 0000-0002-1970-7044 <https://orcid.org/0000-0002-1970-7044>*