[tdwg] any TDWG2016 weather updates

William Ulate Rodriguez william_ulate_r at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 28 18:33:46 CET 2016

Hi David,
Thanks for your question.
Although Hurricane Otto did affect some areas on the North of the country, like Upala, and other parts in the north Caribbean and Central Pacific, I've just confirmed that all is well in La Fortuna and Santa Clara regions.  The country is still helping those who were most affected and different support activities (like food and donations gathering) are still going on, but hotels in the area are fully functional and utilities are also normal in most of San Carlos.
Our Local Organizing Committee also indicates that there's no knowledge of closed routes or controlled transit in any of the major ways.  As for the weather, we are currently having some of the last rains of the wet season but this is quite normal for this time of year and in San Carlos, it always rains, which is probably one of the reasons why Nature there is so exhuberant!
Kind regards,
William UlateTDWG Treasurer