[tdwg] iDigBio DMI Webinar: Partnering with libraries for data management, 20 October 2014

Deborah Paul dpaul at fsu.edu
Thu Oct 16 23:18:48 CEST 2014

Hello Everyone,

You're invited to a Data Management Interest (DMI) Group Webinar. Have
you got data? A little, or a lot? What data management issues do you
have in common with others? Brian Westra will share his data management
experiences from a data services librarian point-of-view.**
*
What*: *Webinar - Partnering with libraries for data management**
Speaker*: Brian Westra
<http://library.uoregon.edu/dc/directory/profile.php?profile=bwestra>,
Lorry Lokey Science Data Services Librarian, University of Oregon Libraries*
When*: Noon to 1 PM EDT on Monday 20 October 2014
*Where*: http://idigbio.adobeconnect.com/datamgmt
<http://idigbio.adobeconnect.com/datamgmt/>*
Abstract*: iDigBio is about partnerships and collaboration, and
libraries and archives are increasingly interested in partnering with
scientists to support /research data management/. I'll briefly describe
some of the projects I'm working on, and the questions and challenges
I'm encountering as a data services librarian supporting/researcher's
biodiversity and ecological datasets/. These include supporting small
collections, migrating data into more supportive systems (e.g.,
Specify), and facilitating management and preservation of image data
(OMERO). I have plenty of questions; perhaps you have answers!

*Format*: Presentation followed by open community discussion as part of
an on-going series from the iDigBio Data Management Interest Group (DMI)
<https://www.idigbio.org/wiki/index.php/Data_Management_Interest_Group>.
Calendar Announcement:
https://www.idigbio.org/content/data-management-webinar-partnering-libraries-data-management

See you there!
Deb Paul and the iDigBio DMI
Deb's on Twitter @idbdeb

Meetings are virtual and accessible online at
https://idigbio.adobeconnect.com/datamgmt. No special software outside
of an internet browser is required to access the virtual meeting room.
You may login by selecting "Enter as guest," entering your name, and
clicking "Enter Room." Anyone is welcome and encouraged to participate.
Other webinars from the DMI will be announced as scheduled. (Adobe
Connect will not work in IE 9).