[tdwg] TDWG Data Quality Interest Group

Arthur Chapman tdwg.lists at achapman.org
Wed Dec 3 00:23:31 CET 2014

At the last TDWG meeting in Sweden, the *TDWG Data Quality Interest
Group* was formally established with Antonio Saraiva and myself as
co-conveners.

We did not have a lot of time to meet in Sweden, but over 35 people have
put their names down as being interested.  We know that a lot of you
were not able to attend the session n Data Quality because of parallel
sessions or because you were not able to get to the TDWG meeting this
year.  We are looking for more people to work with us so that we can
begin to make progress on this very important topic. I would thus
encourage you to join the Google discussion group at
http://community.gbif.org/pg/groups/21292/gbiftdwg-biodiversity-data-quality-interest-group/

I would also suggest that you look at some of the talks on Data Quality
given at the TDWG meeting - they can be found at
https://mbgserv18.mobot.org/ocs/index.php/tdwg/2014/schedConf/presentations

At the meeting we decided to set up three sub working groups; viz:

    . Framework for Communication
    . Tools, Services and Workflows
    . Use Case Library/Competency

We did not give a lot of thought into the naming of these groups at the
time, and that is one topic that needs further discussion.

We also need to develop a charter and work plan for the next twelve
months for each of these working groups.

We also need to appoint a convenor for each working group so that the
discussion can be kept rolling.  If you are interested and prepared to
do this, then please let Antonio or myself know.

Further information and discussions will be on the Google Groups so
please keep up to date with progress there.

Arthur D. Chapman