[tdwg] [TDWG 2010] Biofinity workshop immediately following TDWG

Stephen D. Scott sscott at cse.unl.edu
Tue Aug 24 20:21:33 CEST 2010

The Second Bionfinity Project Annual Workshop will be held on October
1-2, directly following TDWG'2010, at Speck Lecture Hall.  We will be
discussing how to use our next-generation Biofinity tools and how they
can be adapted to improve bioinformatics research.

On Friday, starting at 2:00 p.m., we will present two Biofinity use
cases with live demos on biological research data curation, analysis,
and discovery.  These presentations will be followed by a discussion
forum to discuss additional Biofinity features and address potential
user needs.  We hope to have a lively discussion and obtain insightful
feedback from the partipants.  To conclude the first day, we will host
a dinner and a mixer.

On Saturday, starting at 8:00 with breakfast, we will give two tutorials
and demos on how to set up lab accounts on Biofinity and use Biofinity
for a variety of data analysis tasks.  To conclude the second day,
we will host a lunch.

The workshop is free of charge and all means and meals and refreshments
will be provided.

For more information on our project, see
                     http://biofinity.unl.edu/info/

For information on Biofinity's use in TDWG BioBlitz or to register for
our workshop, please visit our project website at
                        http://biofinity.unl.edu

Stephen Scott

--
Stephen D. Scott                     Dept. of Computer Science & Engr.
Associate Professor & Vice Chair                University of Nebraska