[tdwg] Charles Copp

Adrian Rissone a.rissone at nhm.ac.uk
Sun Sep 27 21:53:34 CEST 2009

It is with very deep sadness that I report the death of Charles Copp on Thursday September 24th 2009 after a long and valiant struggle against a brain tumour.

Many people in our communities will have come across Charles in his varied career in geology, ecology,  collections management and databasing, site recording, biodiversity informatics and countless other subjects. Those who spend any time with him will have discovered his extraordinary love of life and the world around him - and doubtless his equally extraordinary sense of humour!

There will be a celebration of Charles' life in his home town of Clevedon, Somerset (UK), on October 8th. I will be pleased to pass on any thoughts you may wish to express to Charles' wife, Judy, and to discuss arrangements with you should you wish to attend on that day. I will also be gathering for Judy and the family memories, anecdotes and photographs of Charles on his many activities so I would be grateful for anything you can send me in the next few days.

Please pass on this message to anyone who may have known Charles but is not likely to be a recipient of the TDWG or Taxacom mailing lists.

Regards,

Adrian

Mr Adrian Rissone
Department of Palaeontology
Natural History Museum
Cromwell Road
London SW7 5BD
United Kingdom
E-mail:  A.Rissone at nhm.ac.uk

Executive Secretary
Taxonomic Databases Working Group (TDWG)