[tdwg] Drupal and biodiversity informatics

Lisa Walley lwalley at eol.org
Fri Nov 13 13:33:46 CET 2009

There is a growing number of biodiversity Web applications being built
using the Drupal content management system (http://groups.drupal.org/node/30444
). The nature of Drupal's modular framework lends itself to
collaborative development. I would like to invite all interested in
building or using Drupal for managing biodiversity data to join the
Drupal discussion group Bioinformatics: http://groups.drupal.org/bioinformatics
.

Up and coming discussions are on improvements to handling
bibliographic information: http://groups.drupal.org/node/35334

If there proves to be enough interest then I hope we can pursue a
'common data model' for biodiversity data in Drupal. Essentially
building common base content-types that follow the standards outlined
by TDWG and compatible with or possibly even make direct use of EDIT's
CDM framework: http://groups.drupal.org/node/35338

Please invite any interested colleagues to join the discussions.

Kind regards,
Lisa

Lisa Walley