[tdwg] Wikipedia entries

Lee Belbin leebel at netspace.net.au
Mon May 11 02:40:40 CEST 2009

Dear TDWG Members and Friends

There are two current issues that you may be able to help us with.

One of our members noted that the Wikipedia entry for Darwin Core was out of
date and possibly about to be deleted. Markus Döring subsequently added an
excellent update for DwC. Thanks Markus! I then thought that it would be
really helpful for our community to have similar useful entries for ABCD,
NCD, SDD (BD), TAPIR, TCS...? Donald has also raised the need for a better
introduction to Biodiversity Informatics, and there are other topics that
would be good to see an entry for. I've just done a minor update on my
original TDWG entry but more input would be good to see. This relates to the
second issue.

We have had a request from a biology historian about a history of TDWG. A
few of us are unaware of anything written specifically about TDWG's history,
but do have links to various past meetings at
http://www.tdwg.org/about-tdwg/past-meetings/, but we are missing 1987-1997.
I've put the request through to Frank Bisby, Jim Croft, Adrian Rissone and
Stan Blum.  Frank and Jim have some paper material that may be able to be
scanned, but if anyone is aware of anything that may be useful for this,
please let me know. From what I can tell, an uncensored of TDWG would make a
nice read. J

Thanks

Lee

Lee Belbin