[tdwg] Interesting example of tree navigation

Rebecca Shapley rebecca at akodon.com
Fri Sep 14 04:52:59 CEST 2007

My guess -

a) there aren't many information sets that are difficult enough to present
in standard ways AND benefit from this type of presentation
b) there haven't been enough of (a) with the programmers/money/willingness
to try something novel
c) some concern over limiting the audience for the info, because it requires
Flash or some other plug-in. Potentially a high bar in terms of browser
capability, internet connection, etc. Or because Flash isn't open-source.

To get around (c), I'd take this implementation as a spec for the desired
interaction behavior and see if it can be done in any other more acceptable
technology, OR if it can be primarily Flash-based, but also degrade to
something acceptable for older browsers.

No reason the EOL project can't make a splash with something as exciting as
this.

-R.