[tdwg] Error in Resource Directory (RDDL) for ABCD 2.06?

Richardson, Ben Ben.Richardson at dec.wa.gov.au
Thu Oct 18 06:34:16 CEST 2007

Hi

When I've been constructing instance documents in XMLSpy lately, I've noticed an error that appears to be caused by the instructions on the following page

http://www.tdwg.org/schemas/abcd/2.06

which redirects to

http://rs.tdwg.org/abcd/2.06/rddl-2007-07-11.html

The error is in the "Note 1" text below each normative XML Schema list item:
E.g. 'Note 1: Although RDDL-aware processors may automatically detect a schema location, most processors require an explicit location. ABCD instance documents intended for validation should therefore contain the following attributes in the "Datasets" root element:
xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.tdwg.org/schemas/2.06 http://rs.tdwg.org/abcd/2.06/ABCD_2.06.xsd".'

The xsi:schemaLocation entry should read (as far as XMLSpy thinks):

'xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.tdwg.org/schemas/abcd/2.06 http://rs.tdwg.org/abcd/2.06/ABCD_2.06.xsd"

The error text in XMLSpy is:

"Schema at location 'http://rs.tdwg.org/abcd/2.06/ABCD_2.06.xsd' has target namespace 'http://www.tdwg.org/schemas/abcd/2.06' rather than 'http://www.tdwg.org/schemas/2.06'."

Cheers,
Ben

--
Ben Richardson
w=http://science.dec.wa.gov.au/people/?sid=98

This email, together with any attachments, is intended for the
addressee only. It may contain confidential or privileged information.
If you are not the intended recipient of this email, please notify
the sender, delete the email and attachments from your system and
destroy any copies you may have taken of the email and its attachments.
Duplication or further distribution by hardcopy, by electronic means
or verbally is not permitted without permission.