[tdwg] FW: Don Hobern leaving GBIFS; Head of Informatics vacancy announcement

Eamonn O Tuama eotuama at gbif.org
Thu Oct 11 11:32:53 CEST 2007

Dear TDWG Member,

Apologies for any cross postings.
This is the announcement of Donald Hobern's departure from GBIF with
attached advert for the vacant position of Head of Informatics at the GBIF
Secretariat.

 Éamonn Ó Tuama

Éamonn Ó Tuama, Ph.D. (eotuama at gbif.org),
Senior Programme Officer for Data Access & Database Interoperability (DADI),

Global Biodiversity Information Facility Secretariat,
Universitetsparken 15, DK-2100 Copenhagen Ø, DENMARK
Phone: +45 3532 1494; Fax: +45 3532 1480

--------

Dear All

It is with much regret that we announce Donald Hobern’s intended departure
from the GBIF Secretariat towards the end of 2007.  Donald is leaving to
take up the role of Project Director for the Atlas of Living Australia,
which is seeking to develop a web-based encyclopaedia integrating knowledge
of Australia’s biodiversity.  As such, not only do we wish Donald all the
very best in his new venture whilst thanking him for his huge contribution
to GBIF’s success to date, we also look forward to continuing to work
closely with Donald, the ALA and all contributors to ABIF and to his
continued expert inputs to GBIF’s further development.

We will communicate more details on Donald’s departure later, but in the
meantime, request that you forward the accompanying vacancy advert for a
‘Head of Informatics’ at the GBIF Secretariat to as wide a network of
suitable candidates as possible – this is a key position for GBIF and we
need to source the best possible candidate.

Best wishes

Nick

Dr Nicholas King
Executive Secretary/Director