[tdwg] New Executive Summary document for TAPIR

Lee Belbin leebel at netspace.net.au
Thu May 17 05:37:06 CEST 2007

Dear List Members

The TDWG Infrastructure Project sponsored Renato De Giovanni to write a
2-page Executive Summary of TAPIR, now available at-

http://www.tdwg.org/dav/subgroups/tapir/1.0/docs/TAPIRExecutiveSummary_2007_
05_12.html

I have also commissioned two pilot video clips similar to

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gmP4nk0EOE

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NwfGA4cxJQ

I'd be very interested hearing from other Conveners about doing similar
documents for other TDWG standards and related activities. I'm also keen to
get feedback about broader promotion of such 'high-level' introductions.
Should we post these to taxacom for example? It may be nice to have some
content:)

Also, expect an excellent introduction to LSIDs from the recent Canberra
LSID Policy Workshop, soon. And a neat geointeroperability demo....

Cheers

Lee

Lee Belbin
Manager, TDWG Infrastructure Project