[tdwg] TDWG Annual Conference: Client's perspectives: User needs (Monday 17 September, 11:00 - 12:30)

Adrian Rissone a.rissone at nhm.ac.uk
Thu Jul 12 13:32:48 CEST 2007

TDWG Annual Conference (http://www.tdwg.org/conference2007)
Bratislava, Slovakia, 16-22 September 2007

Conference Theme: Integrating Biodiversity Data
Session: Client's perspectives: User needs (Monday 17 September, 11:00 - 12:30)

Call for Abstracts

** I will be away from my mail after 19 July. If you intend to respond to this call please contact me before then **

What do biodiversity data managers and biodiversity data users need from organisations such as TDWG? How does that relate to the architecture that TDWG has been developing?

We'd like to hear:

1) what is needed (and why) in terms of:

  - additional standards
  - architectural components
  - on-line services
  - tools to help integrate biodiversity, observational, ecological and conservation data

2) what has already achieved (or is being worked on), towards these aims, that we don't know about

3) how you can contribute

The schedule for the 2007 Conference is very busy and we have space for only five or six verbal presentations. We do have ample space for poster presentations and computer demonstrations.

My task is to ask the community for proposed presentations on the session theme, to integrate key verbal presentations into an interesting and thought-provoking session, and to encourage the submission of posters and computer demonstrations.

If you think you have something to contribute, please contact me at A.Rissone at nhm.ac.uk with Subject line "TDWG 2007: Client's perspectives: User needs", indicating whether you are proposing a verbal presentation (remember these are very limited), a poster or a computer demonstration.