[tdwg] looking for experts

Marten Winter marten.winter at ufz.de
Tue Feb 27 10:44:15 CET 2007

Dear TDWG members,

We?d like to invite experts of any kind of expertise on alien species
(e.g. distribution, data collections, policy, taxonomy etc.) to this
registry:

*European Alien Species Expertise Registry at* _www.europe-aliens.org_
<http://www.europe-aliens.org/>

·       Join one of the largest expertise registries

·       Use the information on nearly 1500 experts from 89 countries for
more than 2800 taxa

·       100-300 visits per day on our webpage

Within the EU project DAISIE the European Alien Species Expertise
Registry collects the expertise of experts for species that are actually
alien in Europe or may become so. Thus, unlike its title, we want to
gather the expertise of experts from all over the world, since species
alien to Europe arrive from throughout the world.

The expertise registry contains details for individual experts with
respect to taxonomic expertise, geographic units, and thematic areas
(such as distribution, conservation, restoration, ecology, economical
impact, genetics, legislation, administration, management, control,
pathways, transportation, physiology, and risk assessment).

One of our purposes is to evaluate where areas of taxonomic expertise
need to be developed.  This large registry is also of considerable value
when searching for expertise and for making contacts world-wide. The
DAISIE registry is open to the public, for governmental bodies and for
stakeholders.

Please take the time to register at _www.europe-aliens.org_
<http://www.europe-aliens.org/>, then click on Alien Species Expertise
Registry

The registry is self explanatory, and it will take only 5 minutes. We
would be grateful if you could forward this message to other experts
potentially interested in joining this registry.

Thank you very much,
kind regards,
Marten Winter
--

*Marten Winter*

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research - UFZ

Department of Community Ecology

Helmholtz-Zentrum für Umweltforschung GmbH - UFZ

Sektion Biozoenoseforschung

Theodor-Lieser-Str. 4
D-06120 Halle (Saale)
Germany

phone: ++49 (0) 345 558-5316 / fax:++49 (0) 345 558-5329

E-mail: Marten.Winter at ufz.de <mailto:Marten.Winter at ufz.de>

http://www.ufz.de/index.php?en=7081

*DAISIE* - Delivering Alien Invasive Species Inventories for Europe
http://www.europe-aliens.org <http://www.europe-aliens.org/>

Das UFZ hat einen neuen Namen:

Helmholtz-Zentrum für Umweltforschung GmbH - UFZ

The UFZ has a new name:

Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research - UFZ

Helmholtz-Zentrum für Umweltforschung GmbH - UFZ

Registered Office: Leipzig

Registration Office: Amtsgericht Leipzig

Trade Register Nr. B 4703

Chairman of the Supervisory Board: MinDirig Hartmut F. Grübel

Scientific Director: Prof. Dr. Georg Teutsch

Administrative Director: Dr. Andreas Schmidt