[tdwg] NMNH Collections database survey

Orrell, Thomas Orrellt at si.edu
Wed Dec 19 13:28:16 CET 2007

The National Museum of Natural History, Smithsonian Institution (NMNH)
is planning a new version of its biological collections database web
interface.  NMNH needs your help in understanding how you might use our
collections databases (see at
http://www.mnh.si.edu/rc/db/databases.html).  The survey should take
less than 15 minutes and will help ensure that your needs are
incorporated in a future upgrade.  We would like to close the survey by
30 January 2008.

Note: NMNH has approximately 10-15% of its 126 million specimens
represented in electronic form. Some of the records have minimal data,
while a growing subset have literature, archival materials, photographs,
illustrations, specimen images, attached. This survey will help us
improve access to the data, images, etc., according to your needs.

Thank you for taking a few minutes to help us improve our web database
interface!

Thomas Orrell & Anna Weitzman
Smithsonian Institution PO Box 37012
National Museum of Natural History MRC-136
Washington, DC 20013-7012