[tdwg] Species pages and video

Timothy M. Jones tpolonski at adelphia.net
Tue Aug 21 23:43:33 CEST 2007

Species pages update -
All issues with the exception of the kml running in Google maps have
been addressed. Mapping now includes a Google map listed by GBIF
contributor and a Google Earth map that lists all current GBIF data
(click-able for more info).
Map examples -
http://utc.usu.edu/factsheets/CarexFSF/new/carex_aurea_range.htm

http://utc.usu.edu/factsheets/CarexFSF/new/carex_eburnea_range.htm

http://utc.usu.edu/factsheets/CarexFSF/new/carex_folliculata_range.htm

Google Earth available on image on "species"tab and through kml icon on
maps page.

One issue that continues to dog development is the wide variety of
settings for displays.
Approximately half of the users are running 1028 x 758 dpi on their
monitors, while the other half is a collection
of various settings that are greater than this value.
When pages are viewed at 1028 x 758, they require "right/left" scrolling
to be fully viewable.
Writing (designing) for one half impacts the other half, either limiting
or overloading.
Any thoughts on how to deal with problem?
Will this problem still be here three years from now?
Tim