[tdwg] TDWG 2007 REMINDER: deadline for Abstracts and Regular Registration fee

Weitzman, Anna WEITZMAN at si.edu
Tue Aug 14 22:29:24 CEST 2007

REMINDER in just over 24 hours (15 August 2007, 23:59 UTC) Registration
fees increase AND Abstracts are due for TDWG 2007

TDWG 2007 will be held 16-22 September 2007 in Bratislava, Slovakia.  I
urge everyone interested in Biodiversity Informatics to see
http://www.tdwg.org/conference2007/programme/schedule/ for the complete
schedule of talks.  I am particularly impressed by the strength (depth
and breadth) of this year's schedule.  If you have been contemplating
joining or wondering how TDWG can serve taxonomists better, why not come
and see what we are up to and raise your needs if they are not on the
Biodiversity Informatics Standards horizon?  While the schedule for
talks is NEARLY full, there is still time to submit abstracts for
posters and/or computer demonstrations.

Bratislava is just across the Danube from Vienna and is a very
attractive destination.  There is still plenty of reasonable
accommodation available (see
http://www.tdwg.org/conference2007/housingtravel/ for information about
the venue, accommodation, etc.), so please consider joining us for a
great meeting.

Regards,

Anna

Anna L. Weitzman, PhD

TDWG Journal Editor

Botanical and Biodiversity Informatics Research

National Museum of Natural History

Smithsonian Institution

office: 202.633.0846

mobile: 202.415.4684