Compiling list of electronic databases in Museums, Botanic Gardens, etc.

Adrian Rissone A.Rissone at NHM.AC.UK
Wed Jan 16 05:01:15 CET 2002

Hello everyone,

Foolishly, I have agreed to try to compile a list of Museums, Botanic
Gardens, etc., involved in specimen data management and delivery. Please
could you send me details of anything you know about any organisation, as
follows:

Name of organisation
Product(s) used (in-house or commercial)
Age of application (if known)
Purpose of database
Approximate number of records to date (if known)
Database, web-only or both
Whether accessed via a portal (if so give details if known)
Research or development programmes (with the potential to lead to a
database or web application)

I will be very grateful for any information you can send me.

Many thanks and kind regards,

Adrian Rissone
A.Rissone at nhm.ac.uk