[tdwg-tag] Making a query from a external application to Tapir client

THEETEN Franck franck.theeten at africamuseum.be
Wed May 30 11:21:57 CEST 2012

Dear Daniel,

The following query may work (I couldn't test it tough):

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<inventoryTemplate xmlns="http://rs.tdwg.org/tapir/1.0" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation="http://rs.tdwg.org/tapir/1.0 http://rs.tdwg.org/tapir/1.0/schema/tapir.xsd">

<label></label>

<documentation></documentation>

<concepts>

<concept id="http://www.tdwg.org/schemas/abcd/2.06/DataSets/DataSet/Units/Unit/Identifications/Identification/Result/TaxonIdentified/ScientificName/FullScientificNameString"/>

</concepts>

</inventoryTemplate>

You can use this tool to generate automatically Tapir Queries on ABCD concepts:

http://tapir.tdwg.org/builder/

1) Go on "Inventory templates" (to build queries generating lists of unique values)

2) Load the CNS (list of recognized schemas: )

3) Select the schema in the list "Conceptual schema"

4) Then select the concept you want to query ("FullScientificSchema")

Best regards,

Franck