[tdwg-tag] Making a query from a external application to Tapir client

"Markus Döring (GBIF)" mdoering at gbif.org
Thu May 24 15:34:39 CEST 2012

Hi Daniel,

an example search asking for the first 2 records with no filter can be done like this:
http://tapir.bebif.be/tapir.php/UGENT_vertebrates?op=s&m=http://rs.tdwg.org/tapir/cs/dwc/1.4/model/dw_core_geo_cur.xml&limit=2

Filtering by scientific name for dwc services goes like this:
http://tapir.bebif.be/tapir.php/UGENT_vertebrates?op=s&m=http://rs.tdwg.org/tapir/cs/dwc/1.4/model/dw_core_geo_cur.xml&limit=2&f=http://rs.tdwg.org/dwc/dwcore/ScientificName%20like%20%22Sciurus*%22

To find supported output models and concepts the capabilities response of TAPIR is useful:
http://tapir.bebif.be/tapir.php/UGENT_vertebrates?op=c

Shared output models and concept aliases can be found at TDWG:
http://rs.tdwg.org/tapir/cs/

And in general the TAPIR specs document that all pretty well, albeit a bit technical:
http://www.tdwg.org/activities/tapir/specification

hope that helps,
Markus