[tdwg-tag] [tdwg-content] canonicalScientificName

Chuck Miller Chuck.Miller at mobot.org
Fri Mar 16 23:18:28 CET 2012

Peter,
Are you now withdrawing your formal request to add the term canonicalScientificName to DwC?  I had forwarded your request to John Wieczorek to notify him of the initiation of the change process on Google Code.

Frankly, I was hoping for a broader comment period involving more of the actual “users” that have been mentioned in the various threads, particularly more of the plant name users, to put some more balance into the discussion.  Then, let the process go through to an up or down decision on the request based on that (hopefully) broader discussion.  Discounting hybrid names as “an edge case” seemed a bit edgy and worthy of some more reaction from actual users/consumers of plant name data before being taken as consensus.

But, are you withdrawing the request?

Thanks,
Chuck