[tdwg-tag] RDF/OWL Good Practices Task Group

Bob Morris morris.bob at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 23:33:58 CEST 2011

On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 5:03 PM, Steve Baskauf
<steve.baskauf at vanderbilt.edu> wrote:
> <...>
> 1. I don't really understand exactly who the TAG is (i.e. specifically, who
> are the particular people to whom the RDF TG would be accountable?).

The membership is listed on the Members link at
http://www.tdwg.org/activities/tag/, which is generically the place to
find the answer to 1. That said, a number(?) of IG's  still have huge
membership probably with no interest but getting notices of activity
of the IG, because until tdwg-content was born, each IG kept its own
mailing list. Probably in practice the Core Members of an IG are the
ones that would bear the brunt of keeping Task outputs current, or
initiating deprecating them as obsolete, hopefully with help from
other IG members who have an interest beyond reading notices.

> 2. What precisely is the task whose completion will signal the end of the
> life of the Task Group?  We have put some benchmarks in the charter, but
> none of them include the creation of a standard of any of the forms I listed
> above.  Is that OK for a Task Group?  I don't know.

Certainly it is OK for TAG. Its Charter at
http://www.tdwg.org/activities/tag/charter/ carries the goal:
"Develop technical standards and guidelines for how TDWG standards
should use underlying technologies in a consistent fashion."

>[...]

Bob

Robert A. Morris

Emeritus Professor  of Computer Science
UMASS-Boston
100 Morrissey Blvd
Boston, MA 02125-3390
IT Staff
Filtered Push Project
Department of Organismal and Evolutionary Biology
Harvard University

email: morris.bob at gmail.com
web: http://efg.cs.umb.edu/
web: http://etaxonomy.org/mw/FilteredPush