[tdwg-tag] [tdwg-content] Idea for Discussion, Differentiating between "type's" of identifiers

Blum, Stan SBlum at calacademy.org
Thu Oct 7 19:29:33 CEST 2010

Hi Steve,

Sorry, I missed your message below (as well as your response to Roger) before I sent my reply about the utility of an RDF guide for DwC.  Obviously, I think it’s a great idea.  To do this within the “normal” TDWG process, this should be done as a Task Group.  I could help you draft a charter for that, which would then need to be reviewed by the TAG and Exec.  Once approved, we would put the charter up on the web site, and do our best to provide any other resources that would help speed the task.  I don’t mean to slow you down.  The Charter doesn’t have to be elaborate.  It’s function is to let others in TDWG and beyond know that this task is proceeding, who to contact, how to get involved, etc.  It also gives you the backing of the TDWG community.

Let me know if you’d like to pursue this.

-Stan