[tdwg-tag] [tdwg-content] What RDF is (Was Re: Idea for Discussion, Differentiating between "type's" of identifiers)

Blum, Stan SBlum at calacademy.org
Thu Oct 7 19:01:38 CEST 2010

Thanks to Arlin for spotting the archiving problem!  And many thanks to
Markus for fixing and restoring the missed emails!

To return to the discussion of types of identifiers:

I think there is broad support for keeping DwC concepts independent of
technologies.  If that's accurate, then I think the next questions are:  do
we need additional specification to make DwC more usable with RDF, Semantic
Web or Linked Open Data and make everyone's lives easier?  Do names and
identifiers in DwC need to be defined more narrowly, perhaps through
something like in an applicability statement, to be used effectively in the
LoD world?

-Stan