[tdwg-tag] https://rs.tdwg.org/dwc/xsd/tdwg_dwcterms.xsd missing taxonAccordingTo

Tim Robertson (GBIF) trobertson at gbif.org
Mon Mar 1 08:40:42 CET 2010

Hi Bob,

Please see

http://rs.tdwg.org/dwc/terms/index.htm#nameAccordingToID
An identifier for the source in which the specific taxon concept
circumscription is defined or implied. See nameAccordingTo.

http://rs.tdwg.org/dwc/terms/index.htm#nameAccordingTo
The reference to the source in which the specific taxon concept
circumscription is defined or implied - traditionally signified by the
Latin "sensu" or "sec." (from secundum, meaning "according to"). For
taxa that result from identifications, a reference to the keys,
monographs, experts and other sources should be given.

Is that what you are looking for?

I remember that there was quite a lot of discussion surrounding this
term as DwC was reaching review.  It might be worth reviewing some of
the conversations for background info, such as: http://lists.tdwg.org/pipermail/tdwg-content/2009-August/000082.html

Cheers,
Tim