[tdwg-tag] time and space namespaces in Darwin Core

joel sachs jsachs at csee.umbc.edu
Fri Aug 6 19:08:50 CEST 2010

On Fri, 6 Aug 2010, Hilmar Lapp wrote:

> Shouldn't the RDF for DwC link DwC:lat to geo:lat (using some subtype
> or better yet equivalency relation)? And shouldn't hence Linked Data
> browsers be able to use DwC:lat in the same way as geo:lat?

Yes. But no Linked Data browser I'm aware of applies
owl:equivalentProperty assetions before rendering the data. (In fact, most
do no reasoning at all.) I agree that, whatever our default display,
it should include the appropriate mapping statements, either via an
rdfs:seeAlso or similar link, or directly in the document.

Joel.