[tdwg-tag] Re-organisation of TDWG Ontology: Danger silence will == acquiescence!

Roderic Page r.page at bio.gla.ac.uk
Tue May 12 16:17:56 CEST 2009

Dear Roger,

This is probably off topic (and maybe I missed something), but it
really worries me that much of the TDWG vocabulary is unique to TDWG.
Journal publishers are busy pumping out Dublin Core and PRISM
(sometimes with FOAF). I'm trying to link this to records nomenclators
pump out. I seem to recall some statement that where possible TDWG
would reuse existing vocabularies, but I don't see this happening. In
the meantime, I'm busy mapping our idiosyncratic vocabulary to that
used by publishers.

Regards

Rod

Roderic Page