[tdwg-tag] Re-organisation of TDWG Ontology: Danger silencewill== acquiescence!

Richard Pyle deepreef at bishopmuseum.org
Sun May 17 11:46:45 CEST 2009

I had said:

> So, the point is, there are MANY MANY aspects of
> ZooBank that are known to be non-functional, or
> mis-functional, and (as in this case) there are many
> opportunities for users to enter information incorrectly or
> into the wrong fields (the doi obviously should have been in
> the identifier field; not the URL field).

I want to retract that last bit!  I just now discovered that the problem is
with the code behind the user interface, and NOT the user putting
information in the wrong field!  My apologies for the misleading statement
(unintentional, though it was).  Of course, there is still ample opportunity
on the ZooNBank website for someone to enter the wrong information in the
wrong field, but the specific case pointed out by Rod was not an example of
such.

Aloha,
Rich