[tdwg-tag] NCBI taxonomy in RDF

Kevin Richards RichardsK at landcareresearch.co.nz
Sun Jul 12 07:59:36 CEST 2009

I suspect the rankString (as well as the rank property) was deprecated from the TaxonConcept class because the rank and rankString properties are also on the TaxonName class (http://rs.tdwg.org/ontology/voc/TaxonName), where it is far more appropriate to have them - ie Taxon Concepts are not the best place to put rank info.

Kevin