[tdwg-tapir] "partial" and "omit-ns" parameters

"Markus Döring (GBIF)" mdoering at gbif.org
Fri Jan 23 23:21:49 CET 2009

Hi Franck,
dropping the partial is my main concern really, as it is rather hard
to implement. Especially as the whole idea of intermediate and lite
providers is not to dynamically parse models and therefore have fixed
output formats.

A bit similar is the namespace issue, but it's a rather small issue
for implementation (although I doubt that the existing TAPIR lite
providers really do implement this feature as it is not tested by the
TAPIR tester). I am not sure if it is really that useful, as writing
namespace aware xslts is not that hard - but things are getting harder
if you want to write namespace agnostic xslts for responses with
namespaces.

Markus