[tdwg-tag] Final changes in TAPIR

Michael Giddens mikegiddens at silverbiology.com
Fri Jan 30 16:30:48 CET 2009

Renato,

I really think #2 is worth including.  There are times when I wish to
send small requests through the TAPIR protocol but there are other times
when, especially on first inspection it would be nice to pull a initial
dump.  Your XML format for archives looks find but I would consider
adding attributes like dateCreated and numberOfRecords.  This way if
there are monthly archives for example I could pull the latest one.
Secondly the number of records would be useful to know how much is in
the dump and not just the size.  Depending on the actual dump files the
other question I would have is is the dump the delta of the previous
dump or a complete dump.  That way I would know if I was getting the
full dump or I have to get all the dumps and then merge them together.

These are my inital thoughts.

Regards,

Michael Giddens
Biodiversity Informatics Software Development
www.SilverBiology.com
Baton Rouge, LA
phone: +1 225-937-9657
email: mikegiddens at silverbiology.com