[tdwg-tag] Final changes in TAPIR

"Markus Döring (GBIF)" mdoering at gbif.org
Mon Feb 2 10:24:27 CET 2009

Michael,
I think you have a good point here. But is this use case related to
TAPIR really?
It doesnt seem you want to use TAPIR at all, but rather aggregate or
sync complete datasets only using dump files.
Although this is a very frequent scenario and I agree dump files are
much better in doing this job than OAI, Atom feeds or TAPIR, I dont
see the need to use TAPIR for this.

Things get TAPIR related only when providing already supported/
advertised output models as full dumps. Those XML models are already
part of TAPIR and generated for responses, so why not provide the
entire dataset like this?

Markus