[tdwg-tag] LSID Sourceforge URL & LSID Best Practices

Bob Morris morris.bob at gmail.com
Sun Aug 30 06:29:11 CEST 2009

On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 11:52 AM, Jonathan Rees<jar at creativecommons.org> wrote:
> The fact that ICANN and DNS work as well as they
> do prevents anyone from working on an administratively decentralized
> alternative.

Umm, I would say that DNS is a giant success story about
administratively decentralized technology, but my parsing of this
sentence makes me believe that you think it is not administratively
decentralized but should be.  I suppose only the TLD servers have
their DNS records administered of necessity by a single agency, and
those provide substantial redundancy.

--
Robert A. Morris
Professor of Computer Science (nominally retired)
ram at cs.umb.edu
http://bdei.cs.umb.edu/
http://www.cs.umb.edu/~ram
http://www.cs.umb.edu/~ram/calendar.html