[tdwg-tag] darwin core terms inside tdwg ontology

Kevin Richards RichardsK at landcareresearch.co.nz
Tue Apr 28 00:27:45 CEST 2009

Again, it depends on what the data will be used for, ie how structured does it have to be, to be useful.

Your minimum fields (?) (and mappings based on DwC at http://wiki.tdwg.org/twiki/bin/view/DarwinCore/DarwinCoreDraftStandard) :

name - dwc:ScientificName
nomenclatorLSID - dwc:GlobalUniqueIdentifier
status - ??  curatorialExt:TypeStatus ?
who - dwc:AuthorYearOfScientificName (not componentised) ?
when - dwc:AuthorYearOfScientificName (not componentised) ?
where - ??  dwc:ScientificName ??

Does this look ok??

Kevin