[tdwg-tag] Where to put LSIDs on tdwg ontology objects

Bob Morris morris.bob at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 15:10:14 CEST 2008

I'm not sure we are talking about the same thing either, but I think
so, or at least almost.

WRT you example, the scenario that I have in mind is this: suppose
that elsewhere in the same document, you want insure a reference to
the same tn:TaxonName \data/ from the inner TaxonName that you have as
object of tn:hasBasionym.  In  that reference I suppose one would use
rdf:resource="urn:lsid:....20354". Certainly that would imply that you
are talking about the same name, but I don't see how a client would be
able to get all data from the elements inside your tn:TaxonName.  If
absolute URI were  not the issue here,  you would enable  that using
rdf:ID  in the tn:TaxonName....

If I am right that this scenario isn't dealt with by rdf:about,  then
Terry and I have to think about whether we really care about this
scenario.

Bob

ram at cs.umb.edu
http://bdei.cs.umb.edu/