[tdwg-tapir] Tapir protocol - Harvest methods?

Renato De Giovanni renato at cria.org.br
Mon May 5 21:33:00 CEST 2008

Hi Markus,

I would suggest creating new concepts for incremental harvesting,
either in the data standards themselves or in some new extension. In
the case of TAPIR, GBIF could easily check the mapped concepts before
deciding between incremental or full harvesting.

Actually it could be just one new concept such as "recordStatus" or
"deletionFlag". Or perhaps you could also want to create your own
definition for dateLastModified indicating which set of concepts
should be considered to see if something has changed or not, but I
guess this level of granularity would be difficult to be supported.

Regards,
--
Renato