[tdwg-tag] OpenID - is it for us?

Donald.Hobern at csiro.au Donald.Hobern at csiro.au
Wed May 7 11:24:55 CEST 2008

Roger,

No special comments on OpenID, but the ALA is expected to make use of
the services of the Australian Access Federation (as they come into
existence).  The AAF (http://www.aaf.edu.au/) expects to provide a
Shibboleth/PKI Trust Federation on behalf of Australian research
organisations.  I would expect the ALA ultimately to serve as
infrastructure for connecting e.g. biosecurity officers not only with
public-access data sets but also with more restricted data sets mediated
via AAF services.  In other words, I have an interest in this area and
in any approaches and models adopted elsewhere in the biodiversity
informatics community.

Donald

Donald Hobern, Director, Atlas of Living Australia

CSIRO Entomology, GPO Box 1700, Canberra, ACT 2601

Phone: (02) 62464352 Mobile: 0437990208

Email: Donald.Hobern at csiro.au