[tdwg-tapir] New schema & spec version

Renato De Giovanni renato at cria.org.br
Thu Feb 7 14:45:56 CET 2008

Dear all,

I've just released a new version of the specification to incorporate the
changes that we discussed during the last months:

http://www.tdwg.org/dav/subgroups/tapir/1.0/docs/TAPIRSpecification_2008-02-07.html

You can find a changelog in the end of the document.

As you could see, one of the changes required a small modification in the
schema (inclusion of a new "datatype" attribute for mapped concepts). I
thought it was better not to enforce any controlled vocabulary for
datatypes in the schema. The reason is that if we decide to change this in
the future, the schema will remain the same. However, the specification
mandates that the values should be limited to XML Schema primitive
datatypes.

Please let me know if you have any comments or suggestions.

Best Regards,
--
Renato