[tdwg-tag] TDWG Architecture Road Map

Roger Hyam rogerhyam at mac.com
Tue Aug 5 11:34:52 CEST 2008

Dear Taggers,

It is that time of year again when we turn our attention to the TDWG
conference.

It is a requirement of the Technical Architecture Group to produce a
Roadmap document that gives a vision of where we are and where we are
going. A kind of high level overview.

Last year I printed this out and got it distributed in the conference
pack and will consider doing the same again this year. I have to give
a presentation near the beginning of the meeting and I intend this to
be based of the Roadmap.

Whether or not you are attending the conference I would like to have
your opinions and help in constructing this document. It is your
chance to reflect what you think the true state of affairs are in the
TDWG world and where you think things should go.

I have created a wiki page to author the document on here:

http://wiki.tdwg.org/twiki/bin/view/TAG/RoadMap2008

Please contribute directly to the wiki or comment back to the list.

I am considering having a section on 'Projects' that covers ALA, EoL,
GBIF and others activities but am worried about missing projects off
or how relevant this is. What do you think?

As always I am grateful for your thoughts,

Roger

Roger Hyam
Roger at BiodiversityCollectionsIndex.org
http://www.BiodiversityCollectionsIndex.org
Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh
20A Inverleith Row, Edinburgh, EH3 5LR, UK
Tel: +44 131 552 7171 ext 3015
Fax: +44 131 248 2901
http://www.rbge.org.uk/