[tdwg-tapir] Tapir protocol - Harvest methods?

Phil Cryer Phil.Cryer at mobot.org
Mon Apr 28 17:39:44 CEST 2008

Just starting with Tapir/DiGIR - I have 2 questions:

* I would like to know if the Tapir protocol is the preferred method
over DiGIR.  We have a DiGIR implementation that we want to move away
from, and bring up a Tapir one in its place.  Is this normal, or do
organizations run both to facilitate their older clients to do
harvesting?

* What is a method to harvest data from Tapir, and/or DiGIR - we want to
do this internally to test our implementation before we open up to the
world, how can I do this (we run Windows and Linux as clients)

Thank you

Phil

--

Phil Cryer