[tdwg-tapir] Tapir protocol - Harvest methods?

Renato De Giovanni renato at cria.org.br
Mon Apr 28 20:54:28 CEST 2008

Phil,

Is the "DiGIR implementation that you want to move away from" just a
DiGIR service? Or is it something else?

I would only keep a parallel DiGIR service if there are older clients
that can only talk to it and for some reason (time/resources) can't
be updated. I'm not sure if this is your case.

Also, when you said that you want to "test your implementation", did
you mean that you want to test a TAPIR service, or is it some other
application based on TAPIR? If you just want to test a TAPIR service,
you could simply run TapirTester on it instead of developing your own
harvester:

http://tapir.tdwg.org/tester/

Note: If necessary, the existing tests can be improved. New ones can
also be created (TapirTester is open source).

Hope this helps,
--
Renato