[tdwg-tapir] Tapir protocol - Harvest methods?

Markus Döring mdoering at gbif.org
Tue Apr 29 00:34:59 CEST 2008

Phil,
from the GBIF side it doesnt matter whether you use DiGIR or TAPIR.
Both protocols are currently supported by the GBIF indexer.
If you use TapirLink simply mapping to DarwinCore is enough. For other
TAPIRlite providers please make sure your service works with the 2
following DarwinCore TAPIR templates found at TDWG:

http://rs.tdwg.org/tapir/cs/dwc/1.4/template/dwc_sci_name_range.xml
http://rs.tdwg.org/tapir/cs/dwc/1.4/template/dwc_unfiltered_search.xml

At GBIF we are currently also thinking about a much simpler provider
software tailored for harvesting. That will reduce load on providers
enormously while still supporting basic TAPIR capabilities for true
distributed queries. We will keep this list informed once we have
thought this through.

Markus

--
  Markus Döring, Berlin