[tdwg-guid] httpRange-14

Ricardo Scachetti Pereira ricardo at tdwg.org
Mon Oct 15 12:05:10 CEST 2007

    Hello Jonathan,

    Thanks much for your comments. They are very relevant.

    In fact, we (more specifically, Roger Hyam) thought about having the
proxy respond with 303 codes just like you recommended. We just decided
to leave it out of the HTTP proxy recommendation (on that wiki page) so
that we could keep the document simple and reach more people.

    We also left the 303 response recommendations out of our LSID
Applicability Statement (the doc that specifies how our community should
use LSIDS) for the sake of clarity and simplicity. Our current thought
is to pack all requirements for LSID HTTP proxies (and their users) in a
separate document.

    But in short, we have been thinking about adding those
recommendations to the proxy server. We'll do that soon.

    As the English say: Intelligent minds think alike, but fools seldom
differ ;)

    Cheers,

Ricardo