[tdwg-tapir] TAPIR and the standardization of SRU

Dave Vieglais vieglais at ku.edu
Thu Nov 8 04:00:12 CET 2007

Hi Ryan,
there is indeed a good deal of similarity between the interfaces
exposed by TAPIR and SRU.  I suspect there would be mostly superficial
alterations required to the TAPIR key+value URL interface to support
much of SRU.

As an aside I find it interesting, and somewhat encouraging that the
both SRU and TAPIR derive from a common ancestor (z39.50) and though
taking divergent development streams, seem to arriving at similar
outcomes.  Convergent evolution of protocols.

Dave V.