[tdwg-tag] Quality Assurance in TDWG standards and activities

Roger Hyam roger at tdwg.org
Tue Nov 20 15:35:49 CET 2007

Dear Tag,

There has been some discussion concerning quality assurance in TDWG
standards. You may have seen the new wiki page that has been
introduced on the subject.

http://wiki.tdwg.org/twiki/bin/view/TAG/QualityAssurance

The executive committee is required to ask the TAG its opinion on the
formation of new Task and Interest Groups and also on the passing of
new standards. The TAG needs a framework for expressing this opinion.
People submitting new group charters and standards need to know what
the TAG will be looking for when it assesses their proposal

The wiki page contains a provisional list of these criteria. These
will form the basis of a brief document that Jim Graham and I will put
together over the next couple of weeks to act as a more formal guide
to other members of TDWG.

Please review the list on the page and add your comments and changes.
We will probably only have time to briefly circulate the document for
review so it would be really helpful if you could get your comments in
now.

Many thanks,

Roger