[tdwg-guid] TDWG LSID Resolver broken?

Roderic Page r.page at bio.gla.ac.uk
Thu Nov 29 09:56:33 CET 2007

Rich,

The authority WSDL looks to be empty. I can't get either LSIDs to
work now with my tester. If you look at

http://nsdb.bishopmuseum.org/authority/?
lsid=urn:lsid:bishopmuseum.org:tnu:20889795-7EC7-42F3-A4C3-D

or

http://zoobank.bishopmuseum.org/authority/?
lsid=urn:lsid:zoobank.org:act:20889795-7EC7-42F3-A4C3-D1D977

you'll see a pretty empty WSDL file. Compare this to, say, IPNI's:

http://www.ipni.org/authority/authority?lsid=urn:lsid:ipni.org:names:
20012728-1:1.1

I suspect there's a problem with Zoobank's code, and it might have
taken a while to appear as my tester caches the WSDLs for 24 hours.

Regards

Rod

On 28 Nov 2007, at 23:27, Richard Pyle wrote:

> VERY strange!
>
> This LSID does not work:
>
> http://lsid.tdwg.org/urn:lsid:zoobank.org:act:20889795-7EC7-42F3-
> A4C3-D1D977
> 04A609
>
> But this one does:
>
> http://lsid.tdwg.org/urn:lsid:bishopmuseum.org:tnu:
> 20889795-7EC7-42F3-A4C3-D
> 1D97704A609
>

> Even though these are the exact same record from the exact same
> database,
> and the latter resolver was created from the exact same source code
> as the
> former.
>
> Both seem to work fine on Rod's tester page, except the latter has one
> failure (5a), while in the former it is just a warning.
>
> Go figure....
>
> Rich
>
> ________________________________

Professor Roderic D. M. Page