[tdwg-tapir] Hosting strategies

Roger Hyam roger at tdwg.org
Tue May 15 10:49:30 CEST 2007

Renato,

Thanks for that. Great diagram!

If I read it correctly the number of non-DiGIR (i.e. SOAP) providers
is more than double the number of DiGIR providers so to say that
speciesLink is DiGIR network is only describing the public facing
part of it. In a way it is more like a SOAP network with a DiGIR
backbone.

I am currently putting together a series ANT build files with an
AntForms interface for day to day use. It will effectively do the job
of your Java client. I figured it was the easiest way to build
configurable pipelines with some common components.

I intend to base the table structure on a TAPIR CNS. The CNS files
effectively flatten the ontology into a table in a predictable way -
but without the opportunity to have repeating properties. The server
side tables can then have the same schema.

The only downside of this is the need to have a table for any one to
many relationship such as multiple identifications of specimens.

I may put a wiki page on the TAG wiki about this if I get a chance as
it would be good for people to share experiences and know what
resources are available.

All the best,

Roger