[tdwg-guid] Re: Request for Comments on LSID HTTP Proxy Usage Recommendations

Ricardo Pereira ricardo at tdwg.org
Wed May 23 14:56:34 CEST 2007

    Dear list subscribers,

    A few weeks ago my colleagues and I made a request for comments on a
set of recommendations to make Life Science Identifiers (LSID) more
interoperable with standard World Wide Web and Semantic Web
applications. The document is at
http://wiki.tdwg.org/twiki/bin/view/GUID/LsidHttpProxyUsageRecommendation

     I would like to let you know that we will close that request for
comments in two days, on Friday, May 25th. If you have any comments or
concerns, please let us know soon, by either replying to this message or
posting your comments directly to the wiki page I mentioned above.

    Once we agree on the contents of this proposal, we will make it part
of the LSID Applicability Statement, a draft TDWG standard in which we
make recommendations for use of LSIDs in our community. You will have
another opportunity to comment on these and other recommendations
regarding the use of LSIDs when we submit the LSID Applicability
Statement to the TDWG Standards Track.

    I also wanted to thank very much those who already made comments to
the proposal.

    Best regards,

Ricardo Pereira
TDWG Infrastructure Project (TIP) Team